Kriptomat is hiring the brightest talents to ensure it stays way ahead of its competitors in the cryptocurrency business. With a team full of energy and talent, we are looking to hire our Legal Officer! Our days at Kriptomat are busy and dynamic, and our office is our second home. With over 40 remote employees all around Europe, we have ambitious growth plans, so there is a lot of focus on Legal requirements.
If your second language is legal, you are passionate about finding the best way to support and protect our services with legal compliance and regulations, we need you!
What will you be doing?
- We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
- The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize the probability of exposure.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance, etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with GDPR and other applicable data protection law
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority, etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in a business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- A high degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Experience working in an international and remote environment is a plus
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- Fluent in English (German is a plus)
- BSc degree in Law
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage
- Bonus points if you have experience working in virtual currency services or the financial or IT industry
- Knowledge of standard ISO 27001:2013 or eIDAS is an advantage
What we offer:
- Be a part of an inspiring working culture which values high standards
- Work in a challenging environment to constantly improve yourqualifications
- Enjoy being surrounded by a team of experienced and friendly marketing rockstars
- Once it’s safe – Join a Workation organized once a year in a destination that will ensure relaxation and fun activities
- As an advantage during the Covid-19 restrictions, enjoy remote work with all the necessary equipment for maximum comfort and performance
- Be an owner of your flexible working hours and results
- Access anything you need for your continuous professional development – from training courses and reference books to a personally organized growth plan
- Have FUN at team building activities and workshops
You are one step away from launching your career into new heights. Be an owner of this decision. Take action. Apply NOW to start your dream career at Kriptomat!