Senior Legal Officer
Kriptomat, the most user-friendly government-regulated European cryptocurrency exchange is looking for a new colleague to join us in the role of
Senior Legal Officer
(remote role based in Europe)
Would you like to become a part of an innovative, bold and growing team? Are you passionate about cryptocurrency and blockchain industries?
Then, please read on!
Who are we?
Kriptomat is a fintech company headquartered in Tallinn, Estonia. Ever since we got founded in February 2018, we have been growing and providing an unparalleled service to our clients. We are working tirelessly to ensure everyday people can purchase, store, send, and receive cryptocurrencies effortlessly. This movement has just begun, and we look forward to providing our crypto community with outstanding solutions for many years to come.
What is the role about?
By joining our team, you will be responsible for providing assistance to the Head of Legal. You will be working in a challenging environment that is quickly developing and growing. You will be working in an international multi-cultural and dynamic environment which will enable you to contribute to the team’s success.
In this role you will be:
- Working as an in-house lawyer Senior Legal Officer will be responsible for covering a broad range of internal legal issues, with an emphasis on:
- Conducting legal research and legal analysis related to company’s business
- Ensuring regulatory compliance and providing advice on regulatory matters impacting the company's activities
- Reviewing and creating draft agreements, terms of service(s), and other legal documents and corporate correspondence, etc.;
- Supporting the legal team and other departments with any legal related issues involving the company;
- Contract management;
- Keeping up to date with the regulatory changes and industry evolvement;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of internal policies, adapting the internal procedures and policies when required
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with GDPR and other applicable data protection law;
- Cooperating with external legal law firms.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is fluent in English
- Has minimum 4+ years of experience as a Legal Officer or Corporate Lawyer;
- Is eager to learn with the ability to quickly learn the nuances of a various regulated industry;
- Has high integrity and ethics in all dealings - internal, external, and personal;
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Has a risk-based and process based approach mentality;
- Has a high Information security awareness ;
- Has affinity with technical innovation and a genuine interest in the crypto industry as well as IT industry ;
- Has the ability to operate independently as well as in the team;
- Has the ability to coach junior team members;
- Adopts a practical approach to problem-solving
Ideal, but not a must:
- You have experience working in virtual currency services or the financial or IT industry
- You speak German fluently;
- You have knowledge of standard ISO 27001:2013 or eIDAS
- You have experience in working in an international environment
While this is the experience/qualifications we would love our Senior Legal Officer to have, we are also open to consider applications of those who do not fully meet the listed criteria. If this role interests and excites you, but you don't have all the experience/qualifications listed above - please apply and tell us about that in your cover letter.
What do we offer?
- Work with a highly collaborative, innovative, diverse, and bold team, passionate about crypto and committed to continuous learning and personal/professional development
- Enjoy remote work with all the necessary equipment for maximum comfort and performance
- Access anything you need for your continuous professional development – from training courses and reference books to a personally organized growth plan
- Be an owner of your flexible working hours and results
- Have fun at team building activities and workshop
We review applications continuously, so please apply as soon as possible!